Thursday, March 25, 2010

Eating is a pain...

So I am recovering from shoulder surgery a week ago. And I have to say, my constant focusing on food has lessened. My focus on the pain in my shoulder and arm has increased. But my obsession with food has definately decreased. It could be because the pain in my shoulder makes me think of percocets and not chocolate cake. It could be that preparing any food actually causes me physical pain right now. I find this very interesting. The power of the mind and the connection with the body.

I have been following this blog on Just B Living...by Tonya Leigh. She is a life coach and her approach to weight loss is NOT to focus on the food, but to focus on life. Check her out, she speaks my language....

http://justbliving.com/blog/2010/03/why-i-am-not-a-fan-of-weight-watchers/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+wordpress%2Fjblv+%28Just+B+Living%29

So, a short post today. I am going to focus on healing this shoulder, plan some short activity for tomorrow (walk around the block or maybe get on the stationary bike for 15 minutes) and go take some more percocets....because eating right now really is a pain...

No comments:

Post a Comment